The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here!

4 posters

Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here!

Post  Jackie Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 pm

I am pretty excited to report that I've lost another 4 pounds. We did a lot of walking this last week and I think that really helps.

We have lost almost 115 pounds as a family already. I know we can reach our goal of 200 pounds by Christmas easily.

Bobbi get out and walk that stress off when you feel like eating. This is the best opportunity to do this while we are all in it together. It makes it a lot easier than doing it alone. You can do this.

Tracey I'm glad that you're finally getting into it. Jay wanted to go skating yesterday, but I was afraid I'd fall and hurt my back.

Julie I notice you're doing great now too, and Misti says she's joining us now as well -welcome Misti!

Bridget- How did you do this week? Sometimes it's disappointing after a good weight loss week when the next week is low, so if you didn't lose much this week that's pretty normal.

Mom is looking great. I can really see it on her. She says she now weighs what she did when she married Doug. He better get back here before he can't recognize her. Sure wish I weighed what I did when I married Jay. I only have like 50 pounds to go. lol

Janet- keep up the good work! You're really doing good too.

Kendra -you're doing really good (especially for all that's going on with you). Just make sure you're getting enough nutrition. We need to keep you healthy.

Has anyone talked to Gerry lately? Gerry are you out there? How is it going for you?

Let's keep the chatter going. I think it helps everyone!

Good luck on the weigh ins this week! Laughing

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty Re: Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here!

Post  kemiller Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Well as I said in my last post I only lost 1 pound last week but that still puts my total to 11.8 pounds. Another 6.2 pounds and I hit my 10% goal. How about Chelsea how is she doing. Based on her facebook status my guess is she is rejoining us today.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty no more dink and dunk

Post  Jay Miller Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Dink and dunk is a football expression for a series of short yardage passes. My weight loss the last few weeks could be described as "dink and dunk" - a pound here, a half a pound there.

Well, no more. I got re-committed this week and dropped 3.8 pounds this week. I hit another milestone of 20 pound weight loss - now my weight loss total begins with the number 2 vs. 1 and the middle number in my weight did the opposite - went from a 2 to a 1. I almost made my next milestone of 10% of my total body weight lost, but guess I will have to wait until next week to confirm that.

I started walking on the treadmill in addition to my walks with Jackie. On Sunday and Monday night I walked an hour each night on the treadmill after our outside walk. Unfortunately, I think I overdid it and my foot is hurting. I am not stopping the exercise, but think I need to cut back and heal up.

I will also post a response here to Bobbi's post. Humans are emotional eaters. We eat when we are happy or celebrating (weddings, family reunions, mom's birthday); We eat when we are down or sad (funerals); we eat when we are down on ourselves; we eat when we socialize (church pot lucks). We all stress of some form in our lives. Those of us in this group need to find another "escape hatch" for our emotions than eating. Do we really feel better after we eat - NO!!! In fact, we feel worse. So eating is counter productive. Exercise, or do anything but eat to celebrate what you are happy about or to help get our minds off what is troubling us. That is MY helpful hint for the week.

Jackie talked to Julie last night. She reported that she is in compliance with Sgt. Slim Downs "No beer" mandate. Julie - I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. It is already paying dividends and will continue to do so!

Tracey, keep your chin up, I know you can do it. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. How is the "exercise program" going?

See everybody tomorrow night when we get together to do just the opposite of what I said we should do - EAT!

elephant elephant elephant

PS In the next week or two I hope to be 1/3 of the way to my total goal and can remove one of the penis elephants. That should make Bridget and Tracey feel better!
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty Re: Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here!

Post  Bridget Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 am

Thank you for the laugh Jay! I really needed it. I know it's Friday and I am just now reporting in, but the past week and a half has not been good for me. I sometimes try to drink my sorrows away, and that's what I did a few times this past week. I know now that it's not the answer. You feel good at the moment, but it only makes you feel like shit the next day! Therefore, I gained a pound back this week. I was doing so good and I'm not going to quit now! So Jay, I know you really want to rub it in my face and feel free to, but I already know it was stupid and I am not going to do that anymore! I am back on track and eating a banana as I write this! Banana and water, that is my breakfast Very Happy I guess that's all I have for now. Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty Good Luck Bridget

Post  Jay Miller Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Although I am not above talking smack and giving shit, I would never kick anyone when they are down. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. As much of a smart aleck as I can be, I can be a good listener too. Good Luck!
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Week of Sept 28 - report your losses here! Empty Better Luck this week!

Post  Jackie Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 am

I hope you can get back on track this week Bridget. We all go through tough times, but keep your head up. You have to do this for yourself, not for anyone else. Let's have a good week.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down