The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week of Mon., Sept 14h

5 posters

Go down

week of Mon., Sept 14h Empty week of Mon., Sept 14h

Post  Jackie Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 am

Okay Tracey

Like you I had a terrible week. Two nights of working concessions, one football game, one night of indian tacos and one celebration at church complete with potluck = 2 pounds. I swear I didn't hardly eat the days we did concessions and I had gained 1 1/2 pounds by Sat. morning so I was mad and ate all weekend. I know real smart so now I can pay. I have promised myself that I will get right back on the wagon this morning and I will not cheat even once this week. We are going to Aberdeen this weekend so I want to see what I can do by Friday. I am going to continue weighing on Monday. I like to weigh on Friday and then again on Mon. I think it keeps me honest over the weekend (usually anyway). It doesn't matter when we weigh as long as we keep on working at this. Don't give up guys.

What was wrong with Taylor Tracey? I am assuming she was okay since you said at the game she was doing homecoming stuff.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

week of Mon., Sept 14h Empty Re: week of Mon., Sept 14h

Post  Jackie Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 am

Bridget

It sounds like you're frustrated too. I think you are doing what I used to do and you eat like a little fried chicken or something of Amya's (which is easy to do when you have little ones) instead of having your own healthy thing so you can eat a decent amount. It's hard to throw away what's left on her plate. I bet I've gained 50 pounds in my lifetime eating my kids' leftovers. I never figured those 4 or 5 bites left on their plate really mattered, but over time those calories really can add up.

Try to not skip meals because then you're hungry and graze on stuff eating more calories than you realize on bad stuff. I am a master at grabbing crackers or chips or something out of the cupboard until it's time to eat a meal. I am trying to teach myself that if I'm really hungry and it's an hour or two before meal time I get one healthy snack of no more than 100 calories. Then I pop some gum in my mouth and get out of the kitchen! I am trying to keep gum in my mouth while I cook too, to keep myself from sticking potatoes and stuff in while I cook. I know the tricks to losing weight as I've been doing it for 30 years. If I'd just stick to what I know that I should do all the time I'd be able to keep my weight under control! Good luck this week Bridget.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 am

Okay, I don't feel bad anymore. Like some of you, last week was from hell. I cheated with food terribly (taco johns tasted amazing!!!!), had emotions all over the place, had a pity party that lasted a couple of days, and in the end didn't lose a pound. On the positive side, I didn't gain a pound either. I am starting this week with a new attitude and will go grocery shopping today for good food that should be approved by the NAZI'S! So far I have only lost 5 pounds but it is more than 0! Good luck this week everyone! Oh, and maybe if we all exercised like Jackie's hippo, the pounds would just melt away!!!! LOL Only, mom, I don't want to know if you are!!!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Last week I did really good until Friday. On Wednesday Leauna and I started Curves and worked our butts off. We went on Thursday to but we didn't work quite as hard as we were both tired, wore out, and sore from the day before. Friday's I have a tendancy to swing through a fast food place on my way out of town so that never helps but Friday night we had a cheeseburger at home and then as hard as it was I didn't have anything at the game. Saturday was bad as the bar did Indian Tacos. Sunday was just about as bad with the church celebration. Becuase of all this I am up 1.4 pounds this week which puts m eback to losing just over 8. I was mad at myself this morning but I am back on track today and these next two weeks will be better.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

week of Mon., Sept 14h Empty Tough Week all around

Post  Jay Miller Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm

My post will echo that of everyone else's. We worked concession stands two nights, so ate ball game food both nights. I tried to watch what I at the rest of the day those two days, and think I got through them ok. I weighed Friday morning and hit the 20 pound weight loss mark! Like Jackie, I do an unofficial weigh in on Friday, because I think that helps keep me honest over the weekend - until this weekend. Saturday night I went uptown and ate an Indian Taco. There were 2 shells in the bin (I mean trough) when I got there. I was so pround of myself - I took the smaller of the two. Then I PILED all the fixen's on. My Bad!. Then Sunday and the church potluck rolled around. I could have eaten healthy, but the smorgasboard was too much. I again ate more than I should. To add to the misery, I didn't drink water like I should have this week (even had a regular coke at the game one night) and only walked two nights. Well, this morning I got to pay the piper! So much for that 20 pound weight loss I had on Friday morning. I guess I will have to shoot for that next week. But, like the rest of my family, I am back on the wagon, with my water in front of me, ready to attack the week with a vengance!

I like to do mini-milestones. The help keep me driven to succeed to accomplish my ultimate goal. A few upcoming milestones for me: 20 pound total loss; 24 pounds total loss (10% of my beginning body weight); 27 pounds total weight loss (1/3 of the my ultimate goal - actually I would probably be happy with 60 vs. 80 pounds).

elephant elephant elephant
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 am

Yeah I hear all of you. Srgt. Slim Down ate apple pie at the church pot luck. I told him not to, but he did it anyway. There went the two pounds. Better luck this week.

I weighed this morning and I was down .5 pound. That excites me as I have been struggling. I will weigh officially on Thursday. Please everybody pray for me!

Sounds like Bridget is doing great. YOU GO GIRL!!

Bobbi, you and I need to keep that food journal. You eat out way too much. That would be hard for me to do.

Millers, I am sure you will get your shit together this week. We are all looking up to you, so don't let us down.

I was glad to hear from Gerry and she has lost 6 pounds also. WOW!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 pm

The MIllers are back on track for the most part, although we ate at your Mom's last night and didn't do so well. The rest of the week I haven't even had all of my points.

It's about time you told on the Food Nazi for eating that pie. He had a cookie and a piece of cake last night too! Shame on him. Embarassed Other than those slips he has eaten pretty flawlessly though as far as I know. I will keep you updated if he needs to be shamed.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

week of Mon., Sept 14h Empty ATTENTION!!!!

Post  Jay Miller Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Sgt Slim Down Here!

Don't you Goldbrickers have anything better to do than to stalk me!?!? Don't you know by now that you need to do as I say, not as I do. In reality, I am trying to demonstrate to all of you what you should NOT be doing. I am sacrificing my own weight loss to try to help each of you! And see, it is working - you are all taking notice!

Mission Accomplished!

Now, get back to it!
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down