The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here!

5 posters

Go down

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here! Empty Report your losses for the week of October 5th here!

Post  Jackie Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 am

Even after Mom's and Gerald's birthday celebrations I am down another 2.5 pounds for the week. I wasn't a perfect angel this week, but I tried to be reasonable and stayed pretty close to my points. I exercised 5 times, and I think that's a real key.

Let's get back on track this week everyone!

I originally said that after 20 pds. I would lose the pig, but I decided that I have to be under 200 pounds first, so, I'm afraid that he's here to stay until close to Christmas!

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here! Empty I cheated on my diet - too many mistresses last week

Post  Jay Miller Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, I am ashamed to report that I have GAINED 2.4 pounds this week.

I started out the week really strong. On Sunday - 8 days ago - Jackie and went on our walk and went 1.5 miles. We had only been going a mile, but that week we had been walking 1.5 miles. I like a bit more of a cardio vascular work out for my heart, so I have also been walking 2 miles on the treadmill after getting home. That Sunday night, I decided to increase the ante and walk 3 miles - for a total of 4.5 miles. Did the same routine Monday night - a week ago. When I got off the treadmill, I came up lame. I ended up with Plantar Fasciitis. This ended my walks until Saturday night.

For those who do not know, Plantar Fasciitis occurs when the long fibrous plantar fascia ligament along the bottom of the foot develops tears in the tissue resulting in pain and inflammation. There are a number of causes for plantar fasciitis. Among the most common is an overload of physical activity or exercise. Excessive running, jumping, or other activities can easily place repetitive or excessive stress on the tissue and lead to tears and inflammation. What I was told turned out to very true - most will not be able to feel it in the morning because the fascia ligament tightens up during the night while we sleep, causing the pain to diminish. However, when we climb out of bed and place pressure on the ligament, it becomes taut and pain is particularly acute. Pain usually decreases as the tissue warms up, but may easily return again after long periods of standing or weight bearing, physical activity, or after getting up after long periods of sitting down.

Then, on Wednesday we went to Bob's Steakhouse to celebrate Mom's birthday and I had a ménage á trois: a mixed drink, steak, and unbreaded shrimp with melted butter. I weighed that morning before going and then again the next day. The decadance cost me 2.5 pounds.

I still thought I was ok - the week was young and I had time to recover. On Saturday came Gerald's party. I tried to be smart and went and had a salad at McD's before the party (more on that in a seperate post). However, once at the party, I could not leave the cashews and honey roasted peanuts alone! By the time I finished with supper (of which I did not eat that much of), I felt bloated. That was the first time I had felt that way since starting this lifestyle change. My heroes for that day were Jackie (as always) and Julie. But for them watching me and chaperoning me, I would have probably ate myself into oblivion. I have to give Julie a lot of credit. She stayed true to the plan at Bob's and seems the most committed of any of us right now. I did redeem myself a bit by going on a long walk with Jackie and Kendra after supper and felt better once I got back. This was the first time I had walked since hurting my foot. I was up another 2 pounds yesterday, for a total gain of somewhere between 3.5 and 4 pounds. OUCH! That hurt more than the plantar facsiitis!

Yesterday, I stayed true to the plan and walked 1.5 miles with Jackie and then did another 3 miles on the treadmill. However, it was too little too late - the damage was done. I bounced back some, but did not make a full recovery, so for the first time since starting this on August 3rd, I gained weight.

However, I am healthy again; I have my head screwed on straight again, and am back with a vengance this week!

Jay elephant elephant elephant

(Bridget: maybe next week I will lose the third elephant - I will try!)
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here! Empty Re: Report your losses for the week of October 5th here!

Post  kemiller Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 pm

I am very sad to report that I am up 2.6 pounds this week Sad . I only made it to curves twice last week and did a lot of emotional eating. All of that on top of Gerald's party with all the chocolate and sugars caused the very saddening weight gain. I am one that is a big sugar and sweets eater ecspecially when I'm emotional so these next few weeks are going to be a big test to see how well I can pull through.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here! Empty Re: Report your losses for the week of October 5th here!

Post  Jackie Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:23 am

Keep working at it Kendra. Try t o eat smaller amounts at once and not so much junk food. I think as time goes on you're eating more at once and that is probably bothering your stomach even more. Try eating a little every couple hours like they told you to do and see if it helps. When we get to Mayo they are going to want to see what has made it better and what makes it worse. I know that you say it doesn't matter, but you should try it and write down how it feels on a scale from 1-10 and see what foods bother it the most and if eating smaller amounts more often helps. Mrs. Baye said it took her daughter a while to figure out which foods she could tolerate and which foods made her hurt more.

I'll bet you'll be down again next weekend. This was a bad week for almost everyone. Keep your chin up. I know you're going through a really tough time right now, just take it one day at a time. We're behind you.

Mom pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Report your losses for the week of October 5th here! Empty Lost

Post  Janet Thompson Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:36 am

I lost 2 pounds this week so I'm down 16 pounds now. I'm happy with that. I haven't actually been exercising so I figure I'm doing pretty good. It's hard to exercise when you don't have any time. Can't wait until Flossie's sale is over and then maybe life will get back to normal.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridget Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:13 am

Okay, this is it people!!! I'm tired of getting on the scale just to see it go up or stay the same!!! I'm thinking Thursday is a good day to weigh since I've been skipping Mondays for the past 2 weeks or so! However, I forgot to weigh yesterday so I weighed this morning and after 2 weeks, I finally lost a 1/2 lb. I can't say I didn't expect it to be so little, but I have been really good this week so it was a little disappointing. Oh well, I can't dwell in the past, just have to look forward and hope for a bigger loss next week.
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 pm

That's right Bridget! Don't look back, and welcome back to the board. We were starting to think that the Millers were the only ones left talking here. I joined Weight Watchers on line last week because people weren't using this forum as much as I like anymore and I needed a boost. I also want to try to find some new recipes. I'll be passing along any helpful hints that I find there.

Let's get back on track and get going. I know it's hard with everyone around there and it being so hectic Janet, but let's all get going strong. You are doing real well for having everyone around there!

We did real good all week but last night I had my first "real pizza" in two months. I made myself stop after 2 pieces so it wasn't too bad. We went to the Lutheran church supper tonight and had brocolli cheese soup, a sandwich and pie - yes pie. I only exercised twice this week. The treadmill just isn't the same as outside walking and it was a pretty busy week for us as well. I am pledging right now that next week will be a better week for me. I will probably be up tomorrow. As of this morning I was even on the week. I've lost 20 so far and I certainly have no intentions of stopping! I can promise everyone that of the 200 pound goal that I'd like to see us make by Christmas at least 30 of those pounds will be mine.

Good luck this week everyone!

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Tracey

Way to go! I just noticed that you lost 2 pounds this week as well. You are on a roll! Keep up the good work, but we need you posting again! You are our inspiration!

Mom says she's holding her own. Now that Flossies's sale is over maybe she can start posting.

Julie

How are you doing? You didn't report this week!

Has anyone heard from Gerry? Is she still with us? Maybe she's going to sneak up and report another big loss one of these first days.

Everyone keep us informed and keep writing. Let's get this done together.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down