The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Of October 19th!

+2
Julie
Jay Miller
6 posters

Go down

Week Of October 19th! Empty Week Of October 19th!

Post  Jay Miller Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:57 pm

If I round up, which Jackie says is not allowed, I have lost 30 POUNDS! That is 1/8 of my original body weight. I am pumped!

To be precise, I have lost 29.8 pounds. I can chaulk a lot of that up to being sick this weekend. As I noted in my post last week, last Monday, I hurt my back and was told to lay off the treadmill for a while. On Saturday, I was cleared to walk again. That was about 9:00 a.m. I went home and it was last time I was out of the house this weekend. I was sick before going to the chiropractor and only felt worse as the day went on. I am still not 100% percent, but hopefully can get back at it sometime this week. On Saturday, I ate two pieces of toast for breakfast and a bowl of oatmeal for supper. My throat looked a bundle of raw meat and that was all I could get down. Being sick also allowed to avoid over indulgence at the church supper last night.

I do not want to seem like I am bragging, but..... I was hoping I could hold off until Christmas before buying some new suits. I don't think I am going to make it. My suits are getting big enough on me that they are starting to look sloppy.

Some of you have put your weight on here. I admire that. From what I have posted on here, you can figure out what my original weight was, but quite frankly, I was too embarrassed to post it on here. My goal is be below 200 by January 1. With this last week, I am confident I can make it if I stay true to the plan.

I can admit that part of the reason I did this was to try and improve my physical appearance. But, the first and foremost reason for doing so is to prolong my life span and improve my quality of life while I am around. Quite frankly, I am a walking time bomb. My dad died of a heart attack. My cholesterol level, without medication, is through roof. Something had to be done if I want to see my kids graduate from high school, college, get married, give us some grandkids to spoil. This became a real reality for me last week. One of the guys in my building wife passed away from a heart attack. She was 40! She was overweight, but I saw her 3 days earlier at Flossie's sale and she looked healthy. Wednesday morning at 8:00, she died. She had 3 kids, including a Senior and Sophmore in high school. A kids senior year in high school is supposed to be one of the best memories. Mine are. However, I can't imagine this kid will look back on her senior year with any fond memories; only sadness. Hit close enough to home for some of us? It sure did for me!

This alone should give us the incentive we need to keep on keeping on. Julie and Janet, keep up the good work. Jackie and Kendra had a minor set back last week with all that is going on in our house, but they are committed to succeed, and I know they will. Bobbi seems refocused and can forge ahead. Tracey and Bridget have had some stressors too, but hopefully you can overcome those and get back to it. Just think of seeing your youngest - Amya, Brianna, and Ryan - walking down the aisle, and how much it will mean to them to have you there. Get to it girls!

Jay (minus one elephant) elephant elephant
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Week Of October 19th! Empty Re: Week Of October 19th!

Post  Julie Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Jackie,I think Jay could round that one up! I'm with ya Jay! Good going! Woot Hoot! Your just whooping our asses and we can't take it! Woot Hoot! Very Happy
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 am

Okay after sucking at losing weight, I got on the scale yesterday morning waiting to see my weight higher than when I started. I was actually down 5 lbs!!!! Not sure how that happened, maybe the scale is wrong, regardless, I will take that number! So total I have only lost 6 lbs and my weight is 230. Now my goal is to keep going down and to stay away from the alcohol.....hard to do when I bowl every Friday night. I have done one thing good though. I NEVER buy pop for the house anymore. Only water. I do drink pop but only if I'm craving it or out to eat. That is huge for me! So I am determined to be down a couple more lbs this next week.
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 pm

DAMN Jay you are good!!! Congrats on your 30 pounds!!! AND you can count them. Jackie isn't the boss!!

Okay whenever I have a loss I am going to report it! Mondays and Thursdays if necessary. I have lost 10 pounds!!! Finally, I got there! Chelsea has started with me this week, so hopefully we can start to kick some ass!!!

Jay is King!
Jackie is Queen!
Kendra is Princess!
Janet is going to take over the Queen!
Julie is fighting to be Queen!
The rest of us must be the damn servants!

I suggest the servants get the butts going. We don't want to be the servants forever!!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:20 am

Tracey

Apparantly you haven't visited our house. I am too the boss. Anyway, my weight loss has come to a stand still. As of Monday morning I had gained 2 more pounds. I knew if was going to be bad. We ate out like 5 times last week. Even though I try to eat reasonable when we eat out, it's always worse than at home.

Tuesday I was back to having 20 off and today I'm at 19.5 off. I am determined to have lost more than 20 before we go to Mayo. I'm at 220.5 pounds. Maybe if I see if it writing it will shame me into doing something about it. Like Mom said the Ritters even look heavier than they are because we are sloppy fat. Thanks for reminding me Mom. lol Anyway Jay is working super hard and I'm really really proud of him. I've been pretty worried about his health with his family history and his cholesterol levels the last year or so as I watched his weight go up. I don't want to live life alone. He's up 1 1/2 pounds this morning and really bummed. He could use some encouragement today. I was with him last night and he ate very sensibly. I told him the scale will go up and down a little. We should only be weighing once a week.
I too need to keep it up because by golly I want to be here to rock my grandbabies. I think we all agree it would be ashame if I wasted all that practice for nothing.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Tracey thank you for calling me the princess but with Chelsea now joining us my title is deffinately up for grabs. I haven't posted this week because I have gained again this week. My loss is now down to 10 pounds. It is still a good loss but not what I was hoping to report. Being at home I'm not getting to Curves which I think is deffinately hurting my efforts here. That along with the eating out that my mom described and my emotional eating this last week has shown on the scale. If there is anything this week can prove to me it is that exercise is necessary to losing weight. I have walked a couple days this week but only for like 10 minutes at a time between my health and the boredom that comes with a treadmill that is about all I can handle. The calories I burn doing that come no where near the amount of calories I can burn doing a workout at Curves. Anyway I welcome Chelsea and I welcome the challenge to keep my title. Maybe this will be the push I need to get back on track.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down