The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week of October 12th - Report here

+3
Tracey
Janet Thompson
Jackie
7 posters

Go down

Week of October 12th - Report here Empty Week of October 12th - Report here

Post  Jackie Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello on a holiday Monday - whaterver you call it - Columbus Day/Native Amercian Day. Its a day off!

Speaking of days off, we have all been at this a little more than 2 months. It is easier to stay motivated at first, but after a while the newness wears off and it gets harder to remain committed.

Take me for example. Last week I walked on Sunday night (8 days ago). I have not done so since. And, there is really no reason for it. I was just lazy. I got home at night and sat my butt in front of the boob tube. Wednesday night was the only night I got home late. I really have no excuse for not getting any exercise on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. I listed each night individually to remind myself of how many missed opportunitites I had to improve myself.

Second, this web site is becoming almost non-existent. Some people are not getting on at all. Some people are just getting on and looking. Some are just posting their loss in the Memberlist section, and some are posting their losses in the forum section. However, the forum section has lost the support group function that it is supposed to be. We need to pat each other on the back when someone else has a good day or week and, more importantly, we need to be a helping hand to pick someone else up when they have a bad week. I am on here almost every day. But I have either been a "looker" or a weight loss poster, but not a supporter, a motivator, a cheerleader! I should be. I NEED to be. And quite frankly, I think we could all use a pep talk right now! So, get off your butts everyone! Ignore the cold! Exercise! Lose that inner couch potator and post here!

Now I have talked the talk, it is time to walk the walk! Julie and Janet are doing great. They may not be on an organized exercise program, but I suspect they are getting their exercise, whether it is for moving into their house, or moving someone else out of theirs. They are doing better than anyone in the group. Keep up the good work the two of you! I am proud of you.

Tracey, you are the inspiration for the group and I want you to succeed. We all need for you to succeed. Keep your chin up and keep up the good work! I played grocery cart Nazi with Tracey yesterday. Almost everything in her cart was for someone else in the family. Tracey, you need to do this for you and buy some foods for you. If you improve yourself now, you will be doing something for the rest of your family in the long run.

Bobbi and Bridget are two other regulars. Bridget is starting to get going, and Bobbi I know you can do it. You can be each others best support group. Do things on the new lifestyle together. Take turns cooking for each other. You will only have to cook half the time and you will eat out less. I do not know, but I suspect each of you eat out quite a bit and that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight. You also live in the same town and can work out together and be there when the other needs encouragement. Be good sisters to each other!

Now for my update. I already said I did not exercise last week like I should of, and two days last week, I gained .2 pounds each day. I was eating right and still gained half a pound!. So, I have not had a pop since Friday and I have been drinking more water. Janet must have brought the peanuts from Gerald's party to Flossie's. Unlike last week though, I steered away. I also ignored the donoughts and muffins Flossie had there. I skipped the pop and drank 2 bottles of water. So, other than the lack of exercise, I have been doing things right.

And it paid off. I have now officially lost 10% of my beginning body weight. I did not get to a third of the total weight loss yet, but only have a few more pounds to go for that.

On the downside, my back has been bothering me the last week or so - nothing major - just not 100%. Then I moved furniture on Sunday. I was a bit stiff today. Then, I picked Jack up by his feet and was swinging him. 1-2-3. On the third time I did that, my back popped and spasmed. Needless to say, I just got home from the chiropractor and am on restrictions for the next week or two. So, we'll have to see what this week holds.

Now, I have written a book and walked the walk. Now, the rest of you get to it!

Jay elephant elephant elephant
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Week of October 12th - Report here Empty Re: Week of October 12th - Report here

Post  Janet Thompson Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, Jackie, I would like to oblige you about this forum but unfortunately for me, I still have company. And it looks like I will for at least a week. Poor Pitiful me. I'm ready to tear my hair out. If I lose anything this week, it will be a miracle. I have so many e-mails on my computer, I'm surprised it is still working. I've had tons of company all day today and now we have to go play cards. So much for exercising and dieting. I will try to help you out with this forum when things slow down and get back to normal.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:52 am

Oh Jackie you are doing awesome. I couldn't believe it when you said you hadn't eaten pizza in two months. My thoughts have always been that on WW you could eat anything in moderation. Maybe that is my problem... I eat everything and while eating think "what the hell I feel crappy" so I skip the moderation part. I think I have been probably eating with a little too much emotion. You and Jay and Mom look great.... I can really tell it on you guys. Keep it up you are on a roll.

This morning as I got up at 5:30 and weighed before I walked, I have lost nothing. This is damn disappointing to me!! I then had to walk without my MP3 player as it was dead. I took that 40 minutes to really think about things. Why am I getting up so early to walk everyday ( I have only missed 4 days so far this month) only to eat too much! Maybe I need to sit down tonight and plan my meals for the rest of the week. I will also try to write about another habit tonight. Maybe it is the one I need to concentrate on.

So here is some news....Taylor has left to be on her own. She did not get to take her car. I have decided not to shut her phone off as this is my only connection to her. I do not know where she is staying. If you talk to her please do not say anything to her. She gets really upset with me when I tell people stuff about her and then they say something to her. This has been one of our latest troubles. I did however slap her twice the other night as she said the f word to me...for the last time. She told people in the bar Friday night that Don and I are getting a divorce. So don't believe it if you hear it. She also has told people that I beat the shit out of her. I told her there is a big difference in a slapping and a beating. (SSHHH I would like to show her! LOL as the tears roll) Last night my dad said "Well I did give Chelsea a vehicle at that age" I said "Hell no I am not letting her take that car! She thinks she can make it on her own! She needs to figure it out. I will not enable her like he has Gerry for 40 years. Taylor will figure this shit out before then". Hopefully anyway. It has been a long last few days. I thought maybe this would be good, but I will probably worry even more now. But I decided that I am done fighting with her about this. I decided to let her go and figure it out on her own. If she graduates she graduates. She just texted me "Mom I need you". Now what the hell....

More tonight......
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Wow, sounds like alot has been going on back home!

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile but my computer has been down for over a week. We should get it back next week some time. I have been wondering how everyone has been getting along. Jackie, I don't want you to think we are letting you down. WW is the best and I'm sure you will get alot out of it. I have lost 13 lbs and Misti is joining us with losing 5 lbs.

Janet, sorry to hear your having troubles, hard to lose when you have company. Is mom staying with you?

Tracey, someone should give you a medal for everything you have been through. I know you have had so much trouble with Taylor. I remember someone saying, tough love is the best for our kids, even if its hard to do so. I feel so bad for you, but your doing the right thing by letting her go on her own. Let her find out that its not always greener on the other side. Don't know if you or anyone remembers that I left home and was gone for 3 days. I just knew that mom and dad would come hauling me back, but guess what? They didn't, and I thought now what I'm I going to do. No money, house and no car.I had to go back to that house wondering what was going to happen. Dad was home and all he said was, Oh you came back home! Then he laughed! They didn't have any contact with me at all. I was going to show them, but they showed me instead. Taylor has been doing this to you and Doug for awhile now, and its your turn to do this to her. She will come to realize what you have done for her someday. I think something has been eating on her for so long, and someday we will all find out what it is. Hang in there Tracey, and be strong! I just want to hug you and make it all go away! I'll be thinking and praying things will get better.
Love
Julie
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Week of October 12th - Report here Empty Good Luck Tracey

Post  Jackie Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00 pm

I agree with Julie. You deserve a medal for all you've been through. You've tried everything and haven't given up on her. I guess sometimes we just have to know when enoughs enough. Maybe tough love is just going to be the only thing that will ever work with her. I want you to know that even with all the trouble that she's been in we all still love her. We get frustrated with her sometimes just like you do, but we do care about her. I've said many prayers for you and her in the past and will continue to do so.

It's hard to lose weight when you're going through emotionally rough times. Try to keep your chin up. I've said it before, buy if you ever feel like talking just call and we can go and drive around and chat.
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 pm

By the way it was Jay that wrote at the top of this page. He didn't realize that he was on mine.

I had gained 1 pd. on Mon. but was back down that pd. today.

Tracey wanted me to post a sample menu for us.

Breakfast is wheat toast (45 calorie kind) 2 pieces with ww cream cheese and fruit for me. Sometimes I have a ww egg mcmuffin or breakfast burrito. Sometimes I make a ham, cheese and veggie omlet with 1 egg and egg whites from the carton.

Jay usually has oatmeal.

Lunch is usually one of the frozen diet meals. They have everything from pizza to pasta to meat, veggies and potatoes so I vary them. Sometimes I take soup to work too. That's really filling for the points.

An afternoon snack (if I'm really hungry after work is sometimes tomato juice, sugar free jello with or without fruit and a tablespoon or cool whip light.

Supper is a lot of times chicken something or other. Chicken helper is good. There is a good sweet and sour chicken in a cardboard container that Walmart sells that we really like. We eat a lot of hamburger helper too. We just limit it to 1 cup (7 points or less) and then I make sure that we eat veggies with it. We've eaten a fair amount of fish for us too. I wish I knew better ways to prepare that. Our consumption of potatoes has gone from like 5 times a week to once. I sometimes make homemade pizza on those little individual crusts that come 3 in a pack and walmart and using canadian bacon and pineapple, sauce and diet cheese sparingly they are under 10 points per serving and filling. Sometimes supper is one taco baked chips (counted out and then put away) or flavored rice cakes.

I have a snack every night at 8. I know I'm not suppose to eat after supper, but this helps me to stay reasonable at supper time. I usually have an individual ww or other low cal ice cream treat or popcorn. Once in a while I have that cheese that I told you guys about on 4 or 5 crackers. One other treat I love is 1/2 cup slow churned ice cream with diet pop. A&W root beer is amazing like this. sugar free pudding with a tablespoon of coolwhip light is another favorite. I've also found that you can cook the good old fashioned pudding and have it hot once in a while now that we only have 1% milk in the house. I haven't gotten Jay down to the skim version yet!

This seems to be working for us. A lot of you other guys are doing great too. What's your secrets?

Jackie pig

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Tracey, I know exactly how you are feeling. I've been there with Gerry so many times. You need to stick to your guns and not give in to her. You always say you are going to do something and then you fold and give in. That is not tough love. You have to be tough enough to sit back and let her find out for herself that life is not a picnic. She has always had everything she has ever wanted. Since Doug has cut her out, you need to do the same. Please don't give in to her no matter what. If she wants to come back home, it has to be on your terms and STICK to it. Please don't make the same mistakes your dad has with Gerry. I told you that if you took her car and her money away, she would be better off. Maybe she will figure it out. Hang in there.

I have just been cutting down my portions, eating more fruits and veggies. But the past few days I've either had so much company that I've been feeding or we've been eating out. So who knows what this week will bring. But I'm not giving up. It just may take me longer.

Yes, Julie, mom and Doug are staying here. And now Flossie will be staying here too. Wow, so much for the diet. It's hard when you have company all the time. But we'll get it through it.

Gotta go as they just ordered chicken from Pizza Ranch for supper. There is only 9 of us tonight.
Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!!!
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes, I have avoided this forum because I still suck butt!!! I have only lost 1 pound as of now because I lose and then I gain back. I just went grocery shopping yesterday and before I put them away, I put ww points on everything!!!! I have to do this, I have to. You all are doing a great job and I feel like a big loser but now the loser I want to be!!!!! I vow to all of you that I will do a better job and make you all proud!!! So as of this week, I lost one pound and hopefully next week, I will be down a couple more!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 am

Hang in there Janet. It sounds like Mom and Doug are going to come over here this weekend. I don't know what Flossie is planning on doing. We ate at Culvers in Aberdeen tonight, so I will probably be up tomorrow too. Sometimes it just can't be helped. We just have to get right back on the next day when we mess up a bit. We can't let one meal ruin it.

I hear that Taylor is now at Janet's so apparantly at least she is safe even if things are still tough. Janet are you as tough as you sound on here? lol We all know it's easier said than done. I've been there done that and I always seem to end up giving in to my kids.

Keep your chin up Tracey. I know that none of this is easy. At least you've got a Mom that's willing to help out anyway that she can. Our family is that way, Thank God!

Good luck with everything Janet and try to at least not gain back what you've lost while you get things sorted out guys.

Bobbi even though the recipe I sent you tonight sounds good. Do not partake. It's for your friend only! It is lethal to our weight loss plan! I challenge you to lose 2 pounds this week!

Julie keep up the good work and tell Misti that I'm proud of her for getting started. Lastly, thanks for everything Julie, Bobbi and Mom.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Mom does not have a computer so she wanted me to report that she lost 14 1/2 pounds so far! Good job mom!!!!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridget Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Well, I just got done writing a long paragraph but I was logged in too long without doing anything before sending it so I lost everything that I wrote!!! So until I remember what all I said, I will leave you with this.....I have lost 1 1/2 lbs this week for a total loss of 10 lbs!!....more of the story later.....
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Good job Julie and Bridget. I don't think I've lost a darn thing this week, but I did get on the treadmill last night and I haven't been cheating. I think I'm just at a standstill. No

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:12 pm

I have had a very long very rough week so I don't remember the difference between this week and last week but I can say I am down 11.8 pounds since the start as of today. As rough as this week has been I am committed to at least comming out even. I only made it to curves once this week and now that I am home for awhile probably won't be making it there very much at all. However I am going to start walking on the treadmill as much as I feel I can. As far as I am concerned for the next month or so if I stay even I will be happy.

Tracey, I want you to know that even though Taylor and I have had our rough times I am still love her and am here if you need anything.

For those of you losing weight I am very proud of you keep up the hard work. Even if I can't lose weight right now I can be your cheerleader and try to help keep you motivated.

I want to thank this family for everything they have done for me this past week. Mom and dad you have been amazing and are the best parents anyone could ever ask for. Julie and Bridget your phone calls always help and I really appreciate them thank you. Bobbi and Grandma thank you for putting your lives on hold to help us this week you will never know how much it ment to me. This family is all wonderful and I love all of you for everything we do for each other.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Kendra, I hope you get well soon. I really feel for you. Hopefully, you will find the answers when you go to Rochester.

When I got on the scale on Thursday, I was bummed as I was back up 3 pounds but today when I got on, I'm back down that 3. So who knows what next week will bring. I'm still at my 16 pound loss so I'm happy.

Flossie is still here with me. Sounds like she will probably be heading for the Hills on Tuesday. Flossie is going to call Pat & Tim to come on Monday and spend the night and they will go back on Tuesday. So then I'll just be down to Taylor. I hope it works out this time. I really don't mind having Taylor here other than her room is always a mess. I just have to shut the door and forget about it. I do have to go in and clean out the dresser drawers again so she will have a place to put her clothes. Flossie and I enjoyed Taylor being here. She really entertained us. She's really not hard to have around but she is a teenager and you all know how they can be. I just hope that we can make it work and get her through her senior year without too much more drama.

Anyway, I'm hoping that next week I'll have a little more weight loss. I can already tell the difference in the way I feel. I have so much more energy and I haven't had a leg cramp for quite a while. So I think I'm on the right track now. I just want to lose some more.

When I get rid of my company, I will try and get some of my weight watchers recipes logged on here. I have some really good ones but I haven't used any of them since I started dieting this time.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Janet you did well to just stay even with all of the company. I think we are going to go to the bar and eat tonight and then tomorrow is the church supper. I've worked all day between getting salad and rolls ready for the supper, cleaning house a little, writing out my bills, studying with Kalin and doing laundry. Jay usually helps out a ton around here, but he's really quite sick today and has been in bed all day. I know we shouldn't eat up town because I'll eat too many points, but I'm just too tired to care tonight. I was up 1/2 pound this morning for the week, so we'll see what Monday morning brings. It will probably be ugly. Stress just makes that damn scale go up doesn't it Tracey? At this rate we'll weight 500 pounds each next summer!lol AS Kendra said it's been a pretty emotional week for all of us and we're all a little frazzled. Thanks to everyone for your support. I too, hope we find some answers at Mayo.

Good luck with Taylor. It sounds like things are going much better now.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down