The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Habit #3

4 posters

Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty Good Habit #3

Post  Tracey Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:44 pm

TAME YOUR SWEET TOOTH!!!

We need to eat as little sugar as possible. We can do this by eating three fruits a day. Fruit is nature's candy and a natural way to give your brain the simple carbohydrates it needs to prevent sweet cravings.
This does really work as I tried this myself. I have also learned that if I don't drink pop, I don't crave the sweets like I normally do.
Then we need to learn to dial down the level of sweetness we desire by gradually choosing lower sugar cereals, unsweetened beverages, and desserts made with half the sugar. Once our taste bud no longer enjoy that heavy sweet taste, we 'll naturally eat less sugar without feeling deprived.
This habit can save 100-300 calories a day and add up to the loss of 10-30 pounds by the end of one year! *Zonya Foco, RD www.waterwithlemon.com

THE POWER OF ONE GOOD HABIT
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty Re: Good Habit #3

Post  Bobbi Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 am

I found a yummy breakfast idea......two actually. I have been buying Healthy Choice 7-Grain bread and putting Weight Watcher cream cheese on it. It is really good, has a sweet taste and is thin so you don't feel like you are eating a lot of bread like you do with a bagel. The other yummy idea is a banana with light french vanilla yogurt fruit dip from Walmart (in the fruit secion)!!!!! To die for!!!! The nutritional value for the fruit dip is ...... (2 tbl spoons) calories 45, total fat 0, sodium 45mg, carbs 10g, fiber 0, sugars 9g. It is sooooo good and apples are good with it too. McKayla likes it and you all know that if my kid will eat it, it must be good!!! Very Happy
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:53 pm

This one is going to be hard for me since the only fruits I can eat are peaches and pears. I will work on cutting back my sugar intake though. Since I can no longer have very much pop I have majorly cut back on my amount of sweet beverages. Cutting back on sugar intake is going to get even harder for me once I go back to school and Leauna keeps all of that stuff in her house and I am not good at all about staying out o it. Hopefully I will have enough of a start when I get back to school to have the will power and strength to stay out of that stuff since it is necessary for both of my diets.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty Tame your sweet tooth!

Post  Tracey Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Are you taming your sweet tooth by eating three fruits per day??

I need to hear from you!!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 am

I'm getting in 3 fruits some days. I like to eat diet ice cream to get my milk in. That's probably not kosher huh?

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty You are doing great

Post  Tracey Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 am

Jackie,

You are doing great! I wouldn't worry about having diet ice cream. I eat little Milky Ways to
get my chocolate. It doesn't matter if we eat it in moderation. As long as we are staying
within our points and losing who cares what we eat. I do think the fruit is important. It does
help curb that sweet tooth. I need to work a little better on that one. I can usually get two in
but not three.

Keep up the good work. Your family pic at Christmas is going to be awesome! santa
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm eating atleast one apple or banana a day. So no, I have not been getting 3 fruits in a day. I'm working on it though, I used to never get in 1 fruit so I'm trying!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty 3 fruits

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:41 pm

Bobbi

Try eating more of a variety. We eat peaches, strawberries, apples, bananas, fresh pineapple, watermelon, cantelope, grapes etc. If you vary it you won't get burned out on 1 or two. Also, many of the meals that we eat have fruit desserts.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #3 Empty Fruit

Post  Tracey Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 am

I eat a fruit at breakfast. Then I know I am at least gonna get one in. Either a banana in cold cereal. Which I am not fond of cold cereal, but I have not been able to get up early enough in the morning to make my oatmeal. I like oatmeal, 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 2 tblsp flax, 1/2 cup blueberries and 16 oz of milk. Yeah it is an 8 point breakfast. But I have to have it. I am hungry in the am not so much at supper time. I have been eating fruit and veggies for supper the last two nights as I am usually out of points.
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I could never do that, but that's the best way to do it if you can. I use my snacks mostly for snacks. I do eat a banana for breakfast a lot.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down