The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Habit #1

4 posters

Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty Good Habit #1

Post  Tracey Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:13 pm

WATER, WATER, WATER......
It is recommended that we drink 6 cups of water daily. That is 48 ounces of water per day. Coffee, tea, and soda do not count---not even decaff. Once you start drinking 48 oz. daily and you get your body hydrated, it will want 48 oz. of water per day. You can still have your coffee, tea or soda, just don't for get to drink your 48 oz. of water too. If you hate the plain water, flavor it with lemon or Crystal Light. I find it a lot easier to drink water from a bottle instead of a glass. I try to drink two 20 oz bottles in the morning and two 20 oz bottles between lunch and dinner. DON'T FORGET YOUR MILK!! Everybody needs calcium. You should be taking a multivitamin too!

THE POWER OF ONE GOOD HABIT

Last edited by farmgirl87 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty Re: Good Habit #1

Post  Bobbi Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:08 am

Here is my solution to water, which I have to crave it before I drink it. I buy Clear American Black Cherry flavored water from Walmart instead of pop. Because it is carbonated, it takes my craving for pop away. Once in a while I still want a Dt. Coke so I buy a single can or bottle instead of an entire case. Here is the nutritional value beings Tracey questioned my water idea!!!! Calories 0, Total Fat 0, Sodium 0, Total Carbs 0, sugars 0, protein 0. If you like slushy textures, just put it in the freezer for a while, I actually like it that way the best!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:39 pm

I have gotten really good about drinking my water however I like Bobbi's idea to. I STINK at drinking milk. Mainly because I don't like it to the point if I try to drink it I gag. I can't take a multivitamin right now due to my stomach but I am drinking either a Carnation Instant Breakfast or an ensure every day. They are both worth 5 points but I use them as a meal and need them because they are my form of a liquid multivitamin.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty carbonated flavored water

Post  Jackie Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:36 am

I used to drink that flavored water from wal-mart all the time when I was on WW. It is really good. I had forgotten about it. I bought some for Kendra and I at Wal-mart and will have Jay see if he likes mine. I will have to get more since I have to go back to school soon I can drink that at work.

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty diet pop

Post  Jackie Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 am

Tracey

I still can't get email to go through to you. If we could get everyone to use this site it would be better. Here was my reply that didn't get through when I sent it to you. I think I'll just put everything on here if we can get everyone using it.

I've only had diet coke once this week and haven't had a headache in a couple of days now. I really don't like caffeine free diet coke. I'd rather drink iced tea or something like that. I suppose it's like anything else if I'd do it for a while I'd get used to it, but I've tried it at fast food places and really don't care for it. During the school year I generally drink water or OJ for breakfast, milk for lunch, water all afternoon (usually at least 2 of those like 24 ounce jugs, and then pop for supper (2 at supper) and then water or pop at night, so I have no trouble drinking enough water. It is ridiculous how much I drink since I got diabetes. On the weekends it's usually pop at lunch and supper. We do drink sugar free kool-aid for meals sometimes. We'll have to go back to some of that. I can't get through a meal without probably 20 ounces of fluid. It's crazy. I drive waitresses nuts when they have to go get me my 3rd glass of what I'm drinking. Anyway, my plan is to just limit myself to like a diet coke every couple of days, which would be a big improvement and eventually I probably won't care if I have it so much, although Jay still craves regular coke and I quit buying that stuff 5 years ago! pig

I forgot to use my pig yesterday!
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty Is everybody drinking water?

Post  Tracey Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Is everybody drinking at least 48 ounces of water per day???
I need to hear from you!!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #1 Empty Enough Water

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 am

I didn't get mine in this weekend. I drank diet coke yesterday and the scale told me about it this morning. : Embarassed

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:06 pm

Okay, I have shocked myself today as I am working on 36 oz of water, doubt I will get in the 48 but I have also made a huge improvement with this.
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down