The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Habit #5

2 posters

Go down

Good Habit #5 Empty Good Habit #5

Post  Tracey Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:58 pm

EAT ONLY UNTIL YOU ARE NO LONGER HUNGRY.

And stop swallowing the lead-filled beach ball. This is the most difficult habit
to master and the most important to adopt. Share an entree, quit the clean-plate
club, (that is me), eat slowly (which I don't do), and savor every bite (who has time
to do that). Learn to enjoy feeling satisfied and light on your feet instead of unbutton-
your-pants stuffed. Give this habit the time it needs to become intuitive, and you'll
stop the weight-gain cycle in its tracks. When you regularly stop eating just when you're
beginning to feel full and don't take even one more bite, you can save as much as 500
calories a day, which means losing up to 50 pounds in a year!

*Zonya Foco, RD. www.waterwithlemon.com

THE POWER OF ONE GOOD HABIT
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #5 Empty Stopping when full

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:25 am

Kendra and I share an entree a lot when eating out. It's when I cook at home that it's hard to stop. I have been making it a habit to dish our food up in the kitchen, measuring everything out as I put it on our plates and not taking any more food to the table, thus stopping the second helpings. It seems to be working very well. Laughing

I put on food on smaller plates this weekend so it would look like more food and Jay laughed at me and said it didn't work. He could still tell it was 1 cup of hamberger helper. Dang! Mad

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #5 Empty Good Ideas

Post  Tracey Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 am

Hey Jackie,

Those are good ideas. WW recommends smaller plates. Like 10" instead of 16".
I do that occasionally as well. I like the idea of serving the plate then sitting down.
Leaving all that on the stove would save a little time and NOBODY likes to clean
off the table.

What about filling half the plate with fruits and vegetables or salad. A guy can eat
a lot of salad for little points.

I think I am finally getting on track. It is easier when the kids are in school and we
have somewhat of a routine. But I still have trouble with the fruit. I try to eat a
piece for breakfast. Lets see how I do this week. I am journaling as well. I need to
do that. Sometimes at the end of the day I don't care anyway and eat what I want.
Seems like a lot of stress these days.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY THIS WEEK!! WE can do IT! Exclamation
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #5 Empty Re: Good Habit #5

Post  Jackie Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:14 am

I've been trying to make sure we have a vegetable every meal, but I need to learn to cut down on the potatoes and other carbs. If a person would just make your plate 1/3 fruits or veggies, 1/3 salad and 1/3 entree you'd be good. I'm going to try to start eating more salad. I've been having my plate be about 1/3 tomatoes thanks to Janet's generosity. Thanks for the tomatoes Janet!

This weeks been tough with Tues. and Thurs. going straight from work to do concessions in HIghmore. One night was a hot dog for supper and tonight I made myself a taco salad at the concession stand using ingredients for their walking tacos. I used a cardboard container and used a lot of lettuce some cheese, some meat and a few chips. I'm glad we're about done with concessions. That was really hard on the diet, but I suspect all of the upcoming ball games and play practices will make this very challenging as well. I suspect the Millers are about to run into some road blocks. Jay and I have only got to walk twice this week and tomorrow nights football. Yikes! Exclamation I guess we'll have to walk a lot this weekend. I may never get rid of this damn pig!

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Good Habit #5 Empty Re: Good Habit #5

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down