The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week of September 6th

5 posters

Go down

Week of September 6th Empty Week of September 6th

Post  Jay Miller Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:59 am

I know Jackie and Tracey are weighing in on Tuesday (I guess its Wednesday now that school has started), but it works better for my motivation to do so on Monday. It helps keep me honest over the weekend.

Motivation can come in different forms. This website, and the positive reinforcement I get from it is one such form. But there are others. Unfortunately. Last Monday, I sat down in my office chair. I heard a loud clap and a shifting of the chair. Turns out, the frame of the seat cracked clear through in three places! Bad enough for the old self esteem if I had owned the chair and could just get rid of it and buy a new one. Not so, in this case. The chair I broke belonged to my employer. So, I get to go tell my boss that when I sat down, I broke my chair! Then, I had to write one of the bean counters in our SF office and ask her what I needed to do. I was sure she was going to respond with "try losing some weight" or "eat a salad." Fortunately, she was too nice to do that. However, that is my Goldilocks and the Three Bears version of "this chair is too small."

Last year, at the height of our dieting, we were in Rochester with Kendra. There was a shopping center attached to Mayo. During our two weeks there, I bought two suits. One suit fit, but admitedly was a little snug. The man offered to let it out a little bit. This gave me the opportunity to brag and tell him I was on a diet, how much weight I had lost at the time (I think it was 25 pounds), and I had that far to go again. So, no thank you, I did not let the waist band let out. WRONG! I wore that suit the other day. Someone commented that the suit really didn't fit me anymore - it was too small. Another Goldilocks moment and and a way of bringing me back to earth. The reality is, I think I have gained back all the weight I lost last year. This cyle has to stop!

I was not officially in until this week although I was semi-in before that. I seem to be able to find a reason (aka excuse) every week (or every day) why I should not get started, or why it just does not work for me to diet today. Wednesday one of my co-workers had his last day, so there were beers (2) after work. This weekend it was the fair. I mean how can you diet when there is deep fried cheesecake, Wonder Bars, etc to eat all in one place. Incidentally, I did not have either of those, but I will own up to a Strawberry funnel cake.

Anyway, I am proud to report I am down 3.4 pounds. I am starting a spreadsheet to keep track of my total progess. I cannot tell you where I started this time from where I left off (or started last time). Jackie can. I think that is a good idea, so I am going to do that as well. Part of the reason I cannot do it is because I was too vain to post my weight on here for the whole world to see. Well, time to man up!

I can say that Jackie has been working really hard. She has not missed a day of walking for the past two weeks unless Mother Nature prevented her from doing so. She is sticking to the diet religiously. She even did pretty good at the fair - I just can't count points when I am someplace like that. She is not dropping the weight like she wants to though and is getting frustrated. Keep it up babe! I am proud of you and your determination is an inspiration to both Kendra and me.

Keep up the good work ladies. I am back with a vengance. No more broken chairs!

Jay
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Week of September 6th Empty Is anyone in here?

Post  Jay Miller Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Jay walks into the Fuller Family website. It is dimly lit and eearily quiet. He peeks around the corner. He calls out "Hello...... There is no response. He then says "Is anyone in here?"
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Week of September 6th Empty Re: Week of September 6th

Post  Tracey Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Very Happy YES YES!! HERE I AM. OVER HERE. WHAT THE HELL CAN'T YOU SEE ME. I AM RIGHT HERE!!!

I am here Jay. Really liked your first entry. Mad at myself as it is Friday and just getting on this
week. I have been having a hard time getting going too. But, I can say that I am still down eight pounds from where I was last year in August, So that is a good thing.

I stayed the same this week. I think I ate everything that included chocolate after Ryan cowboyed up!! And for about two days. So I will try harder now that I have been on here.

Go Jay!!

Go Jackie!!

Who else is with us??

flower Tracey
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridget Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Okay, I have not been very active...I know that! But I am bound and determined to get my ass in gear and get this weight off because I don't want it to get the best of me. I haven't weighed yet this week. Partly because I keep forgetting and partly because maybe I'm afraid of what I will see! However, I am going to woman up and weigh in the morning. I am also starting a cardio workout tonight cause I'm tired of feeling like this!!!! So Jay, you can call me and yell if I don't keep up with my posting on here!!! Let's all give this another go around!!!!
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I AM FEELING VERY SLUGGISH !!!!!

flower
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Week of September 6th Empty Think Positive

Post  Jackie Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 am

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I'm here. I was just out walking the dog the last couple of weeks (oh, I mean posts.)

Our message tonight at weight watchers was positive self-talk. Let's try it this week. Whenever we're feeling negative, like we can't do it, let's turn it around and convince ourselves that we can. I lost 2.4 pounds this week and 2.4 last week so I'm pretty happy with that. As Jay said I've been working hard at it. I even walked the dog in the drizzle tonight. I'm just not giving myself any excuses not to exercise every day. When you skip one day it's too easy to skip the next. I'm down 7.4 pounds in the last 5 weeks.

I had gained back 17 pounds out of the 24 that I lost last fall. That's just crap. Now I have 10 to go to be where I was last December. I plan to have that off before the end of October as Kalin is taking Senior pics and we plan to take some family ones. I think that I'm going to treat myself to a treat of some sort for every 10 pounds that I lose, and I don't mean with food. Maybe an outfit that I really like. A weekend away, which I always enjoy, or something like that. I asked Jay if I lost 50 from my heaviest weight, which was last August, if he'd take me on a cruise and he's agreed to do that. That is a huge incentive to me as I love to travel.

I think you should each try to figure out a reward that you would really enjoy. You might say that you can't afford a cruise, neither can we, but I can't afford to go on insulin either, or have another back surgery. Find something that you can budget in and reward yourself for every 10 pounds that you lose.

Tracey I know that things aren't good for you right now. Try to think positive. Maybe a weight loss is just what you need right now to feel good about yourself. Maybe 10 pounds off equals a weekend away for you and Don. I'll keep the kids, you leave the cell phone home so no one can call, and enjoy the time away. It would do the two of you good. I know just the cabin in the hills that would be perfect for that.

Bridget the same goes for you. You get 10 pounds off and I'll keep Amya so you can have a weekend to do whatever you want. Or reward yourself and go see your folks "just because" when you lose 10 pounds. Choose a reward and let us know what it will be and let's get this thing kicked off. Come on everyone!

Mom, Janet, Julie, Bobbi, Misti, Jay, Kendra, Chelsea, what do you say? What is your reward going to be? Let's get off to the races. Christmas is coming up. 100 pounds by then is very dooable if we get started. bounce
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Ok gang I just might be back in. I'm going on a 90 challenge of diet and excerize. I haven't been dwelling on my weight and it shows. I decided to try this and I'm really excited about it, I will be starting tomorrow. Very Happy
Jackie, I'm going to treat myself at 10 lbs. but I'll need you to help me out. Could you come up and babysit Roger for me? lol!

Julie flower
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:02 pm

sure Jules. Whatever I can do to help. Shocked
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content