The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing?

+2
Bobbi
Jackie
6 posters

Go down

Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing? Empty Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing?

Post  Jackie Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 am

I made a big come back last week after gaining 3 pounds in 2 weeks before that! I think I was so busy getting ready to come to Roochester that I didn't have time to eat. I lost 4 pounds as from Mon. to Sat. I weighed before leaving home and don't have my scale with me so I'll have to report in after I get home. It is soooo hard on the road. So far I've done pretty well, but I did have one guilty pleasure yesterday, ice cream at Culvers. I felt so guilty the whole damn time that I ate it that I didn't even enjoy it. Pretty stupid -right? I'll try to do better today. So far breakfast was a tiny peace of banana bread and a banana.

Julie

I see you are doing great. I'm so proud of you. You've always had the most control and dedication to dieting. I am pretty determined to at least get 40 off. The 20 that I got off so far is just what I gained since back surgery so it's almost like I'm just starting now. I am down 1 size so that's encouraging. I forgot to ask Misti how the weight loss was going. I was so excited to see them. The kids are huge and so well behaved. We went and sat with them while they had their lunch. For having 3 little kids they sit so nice through a meal, unlike so many young families that you see in restaraunts anymore. I was impressed. It was so good to see them again.

Tracey

How's it going for you? Keep posting. This board can really be helpful if we use it.

How about Chelsea, Bridget, Bobbi and Gerry? It''s never too late to get back on track. I did get an email from Gerry and all is well with them. She says that her new friends are very religious and are a wonderful influence on the boys. I was glad to hear that too.

Well we have a Dr. appt. now so better go. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers while we're here. Kendra will kick my butt for that comment. She doesn't think she needs peoples prayers, but I guess the older we get the more we believe in prayers. Twisted Evil

Everyone work hard now and let's see what we can accomplish in the next 4 weeks before Thanksgiving!

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing? Empty Re: Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing?

Post  Bobbi Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 pm

well i have gained one pound back but the thing is, i feel better. i may not be losing the weight like i wanted to but i feel better. its nice to wake up and not feel full from over eating the night before! i am at 231. hhhmmmmm ...... i weighed about 177 after i had mckayla so i have 54 lbs to go to look like that again! its pretty sad that i looked better after giving birth than i do now! good job to everyone, you are all setting great examples for those of us that are taking a little longer to get into the groove of dieting!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing? Empty Re: Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing?

Post  Tracey Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Okay last week sucked. I am up two pounds. But I always gain during the week of my monthly bill.
So I am not really concerned about that. However, I did not keep my journal. Nor did Chelsea. But we are starting fresh today. I swear I will have a completed journal THIS week!!! I did not drink my water either. I went to Highmore to Connie Carroll's scrapbooking retreat. It was fun and I got Brianna's book all done. It took me 12 hours. Got done at 1:00AM!!! She absolutely loves it. It is all about her horse Ginger. Anyway, I am determined that I am going to kick some fat this week. I got up and walked this morning, which I have not done in over a week. And October was supposed to be my month of exercise. Guess I will have to shoot for November.

Think that the no sun for a month has taken a toll on me. I started on Vitamin D again. Guess it is that time of year already. Put my kids on it too. Hopefully I can get their immune systems built up so they can fight some of these bugs that going around.

Jackie if you are going to post about seeing Misti you could tell the rest of us where you saw her!

Julie, what is your secret? How is it that you are kicking everybody's ass now???

I am considering joining weight watchers in Miller when we are done harvesting.

I overheard Kathy Z say she is going to WW in Miller. It looks like the surgery don't last very long. So maybe that isn't the route to take. Still am wondering about the lap band tho.
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Congratulations Julie and Jackie. You guys are doing great. I did get on the scale this morning and I was back down to 14 pounds lost. Now I just have to get those other 2 pounds off to get back to where I was. This has been a tough month and now with Gerald's brother passing away, I don't know where I'll be. Guess Thursday will tell it all. I just hope I can maintain because I really feel good. Better than I have felt for a very long time. So don't give up on me. I'm determined to lose more but it will probably be slower. I still haven't had time to exercise so maybe in another week when things settle down, I can get to it. Janet
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 am

Yep I stayed the same again this week.
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridget Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 am

I'm not doing so hot. I gained 3 lbs back, so I am at a total loss of 7. Very depressing!!! Therefore, when I get home tonight, I am going to play some Wii. I don't know why I haven't started this already....wait, I do know.....pure laziness!! Antoine bought me the Wii Fit for Christmas last year and I've played it maybe 2 times! I complain to him that I'm not losing and he said well that's why I bought that for you!!! It's time to start putting it to use!!!! Amya loves to do that kinda stuff with me so it will also be good bonding time Smile
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Janet

I'm really sorry to hear about Gerald's brother. When will the funeral be? It sounded like it would be for the best the last time that I talked to Gerald, but it's always hard when it happens. Thanks for the call yesterday, sorry I missed it. I will try calling you today.

Julie
Keep up the good work.

Tracey
Keep trying. Gaining 0 last week was better than gaining. I think I've about stayed the same since leaving home. Kendra and I have indulged in some ice cream out of shere boredom and being a little on edge not knowing what will come next. I did get on Kendra's scale (which Jay insisted on bringing) and near as I can tell I haven't gained more than 1/2 pound or so. The kudos of the week go to Jay. He has resisted the dessert and has eated whatever is healthiest on every menu that we've come across. His only weakness has been pop.

We met Misti and Neil at Wendys in Rapid City and visited with them while they had lunch. Misti was eating properly by the way. You just never know where the Miller Family police will be. They were there on a little family get a way and Kalin talked us into going out there to watch his friends run in the State Cross Country Meet on our way to Minnesota. Yeah, I know it's the wrong way, but Kalin's been a real trooper lately and really doesn't ask us for much. He didn't really ask to go, just kept saying how it would sure be nice to support his best friends since they made it to State so we left a car at interstate for him to get home in and dropped him off on our way back. We drove to Rapid on Sat. morning, to Sioux Falls Sat. night and to Rochester on Sunday. I was really glad that we went when Kendra said that Misti's family was going to be there. It was awesome to get to see them again! I talked to Misti on the phone yesterday (she's so good about calling) and she got a 07 Suburban for Christmas so she is pumped.

I also got to see Barb as she was there for her niece at the Cross Country meet. It was great seeing everyone again!

Anyway keep up the good work everyone. If we can stay even eating out, you guys should be able to show a loss this week! Come on show us some will power.

Bridget & Bobbi
Get in gear. You guys can do this!

Chelsea
You've already proved that you can do it so let's get going. Show us how it's done and start posting and help the rest of us.

Mom
Now that you're in Arizona where are your posts?

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Week of Oct. 26th - How are we doing? Empty Have scale - will travel

Post  Jay Miller Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:41 pm

I was down nearly 5 pounds last week and 3 or 4 the week before. I knew it was too good to be true.

I was afraid that weighing on Monday after I had been sick all weekend would give me a "false negative" and that I may have been dehydrated after being sick and that my weight was not as reduced as the scale reflected. Well, this week proved it.

Last Saturday we left and went to Rapid to let Kalin cheer his buddies on before we left for Mayo. I did good on Saturday. However, Sunday I was in Sioux Falls and wanted to watch the Vikings game. So, I went to a sports bar. I did not think they would be happy if I ordered water for 4 hours. So, I had a pop. In the next 4 hours I had 2 re-fills. I also ordered a chicken melt sandwich. Other than the cheese, I THOUGHT it was OK. BUT NOOOOOO! Jackie tells me after fact that the cook at the place I ate at doesn't give a shit about me losing weight, so he cooked my green peppers and etc in butter!!! What a dastardly deed!

Also, I mentioned earlier that I thought I would have to buy a new suit. So, before the game, I went to JCPenney to look at their suits. Having lost 25+ pounds, I thought I might be down a size. BUT NOOOOOO! The salesman takes one look at me and says "You will need a portly." PORTLY!!!!!! I thought "You will need an ambulance if you keep talking like that." Anyway, I was done shopping IMMEDIATELY!

Today, I did buy a suit. Same size as the one the guy in Sioux Falls wanted to sell me, but this suit was an "executive cut." What is the difference between a Portly Cut suit and an Executive Cut suit. NOTHING!!!!! It is marketing. But this "extra short/double fat" customer felt better buying a Executive Cut suit than a portly one.

Undaunted, I actually packed my scale in the suitcase. I got on Monday and was up. Like I said, I was not overly surprised, but still disappointed. I was up again on Tuesday, but back down today. I have stuck to the game plan pretty religously since leaving. I am not drinking water like I should, and a few places have not had diet Dew, so I drank regular pop, but have tried to limit it to no more than half a glass. Jackie is convinced the scale I use weighs differently than hers, so she said she was not going to weigh while she was here. But, I see from her post today that she has.

Everbody keep up the good work.

Bridget, you are right, the compliments do make you feel good. he is right too. You do look good, but if you lost that 30 pounds, you would look marvelous!

Julie, you are an inspiration to us all. You are doing better than any of us and are the most committed and determined to succeed.

Tracey, keep up the good work. You say you have a journal. How about posting it on here. It will help you do it more reguarly, and it will help keep you honest.

Gerry and Chelsea need to becomes "regulars" on here again. Mom too. No excuses any more for her.

Janet has been challenged by a lot of adversities. A death in the family and a funeral doesn't help. Janet has done a good job maintaining through all of this and is reaping the benefit in the way she feels. Like with Bridget, it helps when you can see it. It helps even more when you can FEEL it. Keep up the good work.

Bobbi - keep up the good work. I have seen you shopping and know you are trying. Do not get discouraged and do not give up.

Hope I did not forget anyone. Thanks for all of your calls and support this week

Jay
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down