The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss

+3
kemiller
Bridget
Jackie
7 posters

Go down

Weight Loss Empty Weight Loss

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 am

How is everyone doing this fine Monday morning? I lost another 2 pounds this week. Very Happy That makes 7 pounds in 12 days! I cheated and weighed on Friday because we were going to the hills last weekend and I wanted to see how I would do. I was down 2 1/2, but gained 1/2 pound over the weekend even though we stuck to WW pretty darn close. Crying or Very sad I went and had diet coke (2 glasses) last night at Subway. That's probably what did it. They tell me the sodium in pop will make you retain water- hence a little weight gain. I also had a diet coke at the car races. I will try to stay away from that now that I'm home again. I'm not sure where we are suppose to be putting our total weight loss on here.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty Re: Weight Loss

Post  Bridget Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I am so happy for you Jackie! I think we all should have done this a LONG time ago! I didn't lose as much as you but I did lose 1/2 lb. It's better than nothing right?! We went to the hills this weekend too. We took Amya to Chuck E Cheese Saturday night. Yesterday we went to Bear Country, Mt. Rushmore, Cosmos, and Reptile Gardens. It was a much needed getaway and Amya had so much fun! I didn't get the water I should have but I didn't do bad on the eating. I'm going to work really hard this week. Since it's not hot out today, I plan on taking Amya for a walk after work. I'm also going to try to get downtown to convert my Tae Bo VHS tapes into DVDs. I did that when I was in NC and I felt so good after I got done....so we'll see if I can get my ass back into shape because YES Jay, I AM going to look HOT!!!! lol! I have to give it up to you Jay. It's good to see one of the men in our family doing this with us! So, kudos to you!!!! cheers I'm not really sure what has gotten into me or why I'm sounding so damn chipper, but it feels damn good! Good luck to everyone this week!!! The future Hot Redhead of the family afro Guess I just have a little black in me today!
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 pm

I lost another 1.2 pounds this last week. I weighed on Friday just like mom but didn't gain anything back. Probably because I was so sick yesterday I could barely stand to be awake much less eat a normal amount of food. I can't drink pop at all because I can't have carbonated beverages so that helps me when we are on the road like this weekend. Its also causing me to have a lot of really bad headaches though because before I was drinking between 1 & 3 pops a day just depending.
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Miller Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Last week was both challenging and fulfilling. On Tuesday I had two work-related outings - on the same day - both of which involved food. The first was a group lunch with my new boss. How do you not go? How do you not eat? The portions were HUGE. I thought I was screwed for sure. That night was a retirement dinner. Fortunately, I was able to control the amount of food I had there and really watched what I ate, but still felt I was in jeopardy of losing all I had lost in Week #1.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked with a couple of young guns redoing our landscaping. Worked my ass off and sweat a ton. Thursday morning I was down 5 more pounds.

With the weekend brought a trip to the Hills. It is never easy to watch what you eat when you are the road like that and I ended up putting back 4/10 of a pound back on. All in all I think I did fairly well. My down fall was that I did good at drinking water all week - until I got to Rapid. Then it was diet pop the rest of the weekend. I am at least trying to do 50-50 pop and water now, and working on improving that ratio too.

As of today, I am down 8.8 pounds. The group concept is really helping to motivate and inspire me. As I said before, I am viewing it as a competition. In reality, I am competing against myself, but the group concept helps drive me.

Jackie took a picture of me eating about a month before I started this. The picture pretty fairly depicts my appetite and how much I was eating back then. So, to continue to motivate me, I have posted it as my profile picture. I am the one on the right. Embarassed

Good luck to everyone this week. You will need it, and I will still kick your ass.
Jay Miller
Jay Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracey Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 am

I am so glad everybody is doing so good. I guess I better kick it up a gear or I will be weigh behind everybody. Not sure what is going on with me. scratch Maybe if I didn't eat like a pig I could lose too. So I am not going to do that anymore No . Maybe i need to put a little bounce in my actions. Then I won't Sad when i see how well everyone else is doing. I want to look like a queen so I don't look like a geek So look out Fuller Family I am on my weigh!! tongue
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty Tracey

Post  Jackie Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 am

That is soooo cute. Keep working hard Tracey. I know you can do this. It's a lot harder when the rest of your family isn't doing it. Is Chelsea in on this with us? If I were you I would pack my own lunches with snack in there so you won't be tempted to eat what your Dad brings you. Tell him he should want to help you out here. Yeah, I know ha ha right?

Jackie🐷
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty Weight Loss

Post  Jackie Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:46 pm

By the way I think our family goal should be 200 pounds by Christmas. Wouldn't that be something. Maybe Oprah would host us!!!!

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobbi Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

Okay I totally suck at losing weight! The more I think about eating right, the more I pig out! I feel and look like crap....ugh! Good for all of you who are doing great!
Bobbi
Bobbi

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty weight loss goal

Post  Jackie Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Come on Bobbi! I know you can do it. You have to do your share if we are going to lose 200 pounds by christmas! Start counting WW points and exercising! Think how you'll feel at Christmas when Jay has to admit that you look hot!

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty Tracey lost 1 1/2 Pounds!

Post  Jackie Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Congratulations Tracey! I am so happy for you. I still can't email you so I'll have to write it here. Keep working hard and it'll come I promise. You got us going and we all want you to show us how it's done.

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 pm

I was so disappointed when I got on the scale this morning and I hadn't lost anything. Maybe next week. But I guess 7 pounds lost is better than nothing. I'm like Bobbi, as soon as Tracey said don't eat after supper, I wanted to eat. And I normally never eat after supper. I think part of my problem this week is that we have been eating supper later. So will have to try to eat earlier suppers. It's hard because I take such a late lunch so maybe I'll have to start taking something to work so i can eat at noon instead of after 1.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 pm

That's probably a good idea to eat lunch earlier. You should be eating more often and less at a time anyway. It really does seem to help me if I don't let myself get hungry. Today I let myself get hungry and then I had a hard time stopping at supper and starting next week Jay and I are going to get 2 less points on WW.

Jackie pig
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 am

I am excited as I have lost another 3 pounds putting me at a total of 10 so I am not far behind Jay and Jackie. Come on you guys get with it. If we are going to kick Miller's butts we have to work hard. I have been trying to help mom get on this site but she is really having difficulty. So be patient and we will get her up and running yet.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down