The Fuller Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kendra and Mayo

+2
Julie
Jackie
6 posters

Go down

Kendra and Mayo Empty Kendra and Mayo

Post  Jackie Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:49 pm

I know that some of you are wondering how things are going and this isn't normally something that I'd write on here so I started a new place for it. I thought it would be a good place to write to all of you at once.

The Dr. thinks that Kendra possibly had too many antibiotics after several strep throats and bladder infections this spring. When she had that bacteria and blood in her urine they kept giving her different strong antibiotics on top of some for step. This diagnosis was originally diagnosed by Chicoine, after Carla couldn't figure it out, but when they ran the test they said she didn't have that and tested for other things and sent us on to Sioux Falls.

In Sioux Falls after testing for a ton of things they diagnosed gastro paresis. Now this Dr. thinks that she does not have gastro paresis, but that the antibiotics made it so that she has no bacteria in her body. The problem with that is that you need good bacteria. If he is right he can fix it with probiotics.

I asked how both places could have been wrong and he simply said 'how the test is done." They have been running tests all week including a 3 day gastro paresis test, which should be much more accurate than the one in Sioux Falls. I guess it's possible that she had some gastro paresis caused by this lack of good bacteria, but he doesn't think she has gastro any more. She will have a colonoscopy tomorrow and then we'll see the Dr. again and he'll tell us what all the test results showed. He said that he could be wrong, but that's what his gut feeling was.

It is going to be something else if Chocoine was right clear back in July and we've been fighting this for months because of a bad test. We will be relieved if he's right though, because that will mean that they can fix it with probiotics and it won't be a lifelong condition. We should know a lot more tomorrow night so I'll update you all then.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone!

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Kendra and Mayo Empty Re: Kendra and Mayo

Post  Julie Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 pm

So glad to hear the news. Keep us updated, and know that I'm thinking of you guys!
Julie
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridget Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm glad to hear that it may not be anything serious. It sucks to know that it possibly could have been handled a long time ago, but I'm sure Kendra is relieved that she is finally getting some good answers. I know I hate feeling like crap for a day, I can only imagine how she feels after months!
Maybe after this trip, she can relax a little bit and not have to worry so much...you and Jay as well. Now that I'm a parent, I can kinda relate when your child is sick and there is nothing you can do about it. Just know that I'm thinking about you guys and hope you get some good answers! I love you Kendra and when you get back, we are going to get together and have a good family weekend!!!
Bridget
Bridget

Back to top Go down

Kendra and Mayo Empty Oh that is heavenly news.....

Post  Tracey Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Oh my gosh I am so glad to hear that Kendra is going to get better. That has got to be sweet music to your ears. Hopefully, she can return to herself. I know how depressing she must have been feeling. She can start looking up now and get back to her future. This crap isn't supposed to happen to the young ones.

Get better Kendra! We all love you!! Prayers are wonderful!!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Kendra and Mayo Empty Update

Post  Jackie Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:55 pm

We just saw the Dr. and this is what they are saying.

She does not have gasto paresis. It was delayed a little at the 4 hour mark, but all in all in emptied in time to be considered "normal." Her blood tests came back o.k. for the most part. The test that they took for the lack of "good bacteria" came back o.k., but they still want her on probiotics because there is something inflamed somewhere in her system. The test shows inflamation, but it's not specific as to where.

As a result...

More tests next week. They are going to test her small bowel and see if that's where the inflamation is coming from, along with the probiotics. They are also going to try to get her into a ear nose and throat guy because they want something to be done to stop all the strep and sinus infections which is causing too many antibiotics. This may mean another sinus surgery. I don't know what they'll say. I'm not real excited about that as it only seems to work for a while, but we'll see what they have to say. Maybe they have other things they can do.

We'll let everyone know more when we know more... more to come next week.

Thanks for all the notes, calls, thoughts, and prayers (even though Kendra doesn't think she needs the prayer part!)

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Thompson Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:42 am

Wow, I was so hoping that you would have found out by now what was wrong. I thought for sure that when I got on here that it would be positive news. Now that poor girl has to go through more tests. I guess if she can finally get some peace, it will be worth it. Just know that we are here for you and if you need anything, let us know. We'll keep all of you in our prayers whether Kendra likes it or not!!! Keep us informed as to what you are doing. This is a good place to do that.
Janet Thompson
Janet Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  kemiller Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks Janet. I forgot to put in that the test on the small bowel is to check for Chrones Disease and we'll get more results from the colonoscopy which will check for siliac sp? (which is what Brent has.) We'll update on here next week. We are going to Minneapolis today to do some shopping. Jay's just thrilled, but there isn't a lot to do here. I really wish the Vikings were in the dome this Sunday, but unfortunately they're at Green Bay.

Jackie
kemiller
kemiller

Back to top Go down

Kendra and Mayo Empty Update on Kendra on Monday, Nov. 2nd

Post  Jackie Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 pm

We are finally getting somewhere. We just found out that she has colitus sp? It is what Dave Meyer had in High School. Colitus is many times associated with Cilliac (which is what Brent has) so they will do more tests for that now. They also saw inflamation in the small bowel that may or may not indicate Chrones so they will do more testing for that. It sounds like we will be here most of this week yet, but at least we are getting some answers FINALLY. At least we are going to leave here knowing what the problem(s) are and how to try to fix them. Thanks for all the calls, and posts on here everyone. It's nice to know you care.

The longer we're here, the worse our diets are getting so the scale will probably break when I step on it at home! I will get back to it strong when life gets back to normal (I promise). We have to go and get blood work done now they just called us with our new schedule.

Jackie
Jackie
Jackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down